UpdatedWednesday, December 4, 2019
The Miami Dolphins are 3-9 while the New York Jets are 4-8. Which team will avoid last place in the AFC East? As of December 2, the top betting sites favor the Jets by 6 points for their Week 14 home game against the Dolphins, which could go a long way in determining who finishes last in the AFC East.
When is Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets taking place? Sunday, December 8, 2019 – 1:00 PM ET
Where is Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets taking place? MetLife, Stadium
What is the expected weather for Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets? 7c partly sunny and not as cold
What television channel is Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets on? CBS
Where can I stream Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets? Subscribers to NFL GAMEPASS can stream matches live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets? Check Ticketmaster for ticket information on selected games
What was the outcome in the last meeting?
Miami Dolphins 26-18 New York Jets
The Dolphins were 0-7 before beating the Jets 26-18 on November 3 for their first win of the season. Ryan Fitzpatrick completed 24 of 36 passes for 288 yards and three touchdowns, Mark Walton ran for 29 yards on 12 carries and rookie Preston Williams caught five passes for 72 yards and two touchdowns and DeVante Parker also did his part with four receptions for 57 yards and one touchdown.
With the win, the Dolphins avoided what would have been their second 0-8 start in franchise history. The only time they lost eight straight games to open a season was in 2007.
This is what Ryan Fitzpatrick said after the game: “I had a lot of pressure on me today because my two boys were here and when we win, I bring my boys into the locker room,” Fitzpatrick said. “So I was tired of the puppy-dog eyes when I was walking off the field for them not being able to come in the locker room. We were going to get them in the dang locker room today.”
Sam Darnold completed 27 of 39 passes for 260 yards and one touchdown with one interception, Le’Veon Bell ran for 66 yards on 17 carries and he added eight catches for 55 yards while Jamison Crowder had eight receptions for 83 yards and one touchdown. The Jets outgained the Dolphins 321-316 but they lost the time of possession 31:14 to 28:46 and their 10 penalties cost them 105 yards.
THE TEAM NEWS
– The Dolphins erased a 14-point deficit to beat the Eagles 37-31 last Sunday
– The Dolphins have won three of their last five games but their latest victory will likely take them out of the running for the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft
– DeVante Parker caught seven passes for 159 yards and two touchdowns
– Running back Kalen Ballage left the game in the second quarter with a left leg injury and didn’t return
NEW YORK JETS
– The Jets suffered a disappointing 22-6 road loss against the then 0-11 Bengals
– The Jets became the first team in NFL history to lose to two 0-7 or worse teams in the same season
– Sam Darnold completed 28 of 48 passes for 239 yards and zero touchdowns with four sacks
– Le’Veon Bell ran for just 32 yards on 10 carries and caught four passes for 35 yards
– The Jets were outgained 277-271 and their 10 penalties cost them 106 yards
– Safety Jamal Adams was wearing a walking boot on his left foot after the game. He got injured on the first series and played through it. He doesn’t know how long he might be sidelined
– Cornerback Arthur Maulet left in the third quarter with a calf injury
The Miami Dolphins are:
4-1 ATS in their last five games against a team with a winning record
6-2 ATS in their last eight games overall
3-0-1 ATS in their last four meetings
The New York Jets are:
4-11 ATS in their last 16 games after accumulating less than 90 rushing yards in their previous game
3-7-1 ATS in their last 11 home games
The Underdog is 3-1-1 ATS in their last five meetings
Le’Veon Bell has been the only bright spot for the Jets offense this season and if the Dolphins can slow him down, like the Bengals did last Sunday and like they did in Week 9 then they have a decent chance of at least being competitive in this game. Both teams are bad but the Dolphins are having fun and playing hard for their head coach Brian Flores, who has done an admirable job all things considered. The Dolphins have shown a lot more life than the Jets as of late and I like them catching six points on the road.